Engagement and Outreach Officer
6 months part-time (5-6 hours per week) voluntary role. Successful applicant will have the possibility of longer term employment subject to availability of funding.
Remote work (applicant can be located anywhere in the world)
Communications Committee Lead
Please send CV and one-page cover letter to email@example.com. Mark your applications: Engagement and Outreach Officer.
The closing date for applications is Friday the 15th December 2017. A shortlist of suitable candidates will be made, and will be invited for interview via Skype the following week for work to start in early January.
The Engagement and Outreach Officer will take on a leading role within the Communications Committee to ensure that all Y4WC resources are fully extended to the existing global online network. Working alongside other committees, the officer will lead initiatives to increase Y4WC’s reach and visibility, including to marginalized and indigenous youth. The officer will play a crucial role in the maintenance of Y4WC online platforms (website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.), ensuring they are coherent and up-to-date.
- In line with Y4WC’s overall objectives, work with other members of the Communications Committee to devise a strategic work plan to better engage Y4WC’s global online network,
- Set clear targets and use existing tools, such as Google Analytics, to measure and increase the impact of digital engagement,
- Assist in communications by acting as a key point of contact for the network and the public,
- Monitor developments in digital engagement technology; innovative new tools and approaches to grow Y4WC presence, network and supporter base,
- Develop content for Y4WC’s online presence and promotional materials such as, but not limited to: newsletter, website, blog, social media, etc.
- Ensuring Y4WC’s online content is up-to-date and consistent across our different online platforms,
- Implement digital marketing campaigns.
- Must be between 18 and 30 years old (inclusive),
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with strong attention to detail,
- Organized, creative, resourceful, and results-oriented,
- Experience in communications and engagement of a community,
- Experience in planning and developing materials for websites and social media,
- Experience in evaluating digital engagement and marketing,
- Familiarity with Google Drive, Microsoft Office,
- Comfortable using online communication platforms (i.e. Whatsapp, Skype)
- Good organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and roles, patiently and professionally,
- Able to work both as part of an international team and independently, as this is a remote position requiring self-motivation and effectively planning individual workload.
Desired Requirements (or a willingness to develop the following skills):
- Experience with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop,
- Experience with Social Media Management tools (i.e. Hootsuite),
- A good understanding of the field of Wildlife Conservation.
Expectations of all employees:
To support Y4WC’s mission and exhibit a commitment to:
- Work collaboratively, with integrity and respect for fellow interns, employees, associates, and network,
- Embracing personal responsibility and accountability for your role,
- Be passionate about Y4WC mission and vision.